Panabo City Mayor Engr. James G. Gamao will be highlighting infrastructure development in his upcoming state of the city address (SOCA) during the kick-off of the 18th Araw ng Panabo this March 22.
Michael Angelo Resueno, Panabo information officer, said on Monday that there are a lot of ongoing road constructions and repairs in 40 barangays of the city.
“He will also highlight school buildings, especially manpower development buildings in barangays and health centers because we have 29 rural barangays in the upland so instead of coming down in the city, it would be better for them to avail services in their area,” Resueno said.
Building of establishments in rural barangays is said to be one of the major priorities of Gamao under his term for easier access to healthcare and other social services among people in far-flung areas.
Gamao has been championing the Welfare Health, Agriculture, Peace and Order, education and Employment or WHAPEE caravan, initiated in 2015, which involves going to the different barangays every week to extend basic services.
This coming celebration of Araw ng Panabo, the city will be conducting another WHAPEE caravan on March 27 at ARF gym.
Tourism officer Cher Bastida is expecting 10,000 visitors for the week-long celebration of Araw ng Panabo. They will also bring in celebrities, bands, as well as a PBA game between San Miguel Beermen and Phoenix Fuelmasters.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories