Watering holes like Taboan and Kanto Bar at Matina Town Square or MTS are popular destinations for bonding. But my female friends had a unique idea for enjoying time together by having a joint glutathione drip session at Dr. Marie Car Lim’s Beauty MD clinic. Curiosity got me joining their drip trip.
At first I thought that glutathione was simply for getting a lighter skin but soon I learned that there are about nine kinds of anti-aging drips and more than a dozen prescriptive drips to address a particular need.
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in cells. It’s comprised largely of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine. Glutathione levels in the body may be reduced by a number of factors, including poor nutrition, environmental toxins, and stress. Its levels also decline with age. In addition to being produced naturally by the body, glutathione can be given intravenously, topically, or as an inhalant. It’s also available as an oral supplement in capsule and liquid form. However, oral ingestion of glutathione may not be as effective as intravenous delivery for some conditions (healthline.com).
My friends chose the aesthetic drip while I got the anti-oxidant vitamin C drip to lessen my coughing caused by smoking cessation. I was initially skeptical about its efficacy but the drip did alleviate my condition the following day.
I met new acquaintances at Beauty MD. Most of them are good looking ladies who want to feel good and look better by availing themselves of different aesthetic services. I noticed that having a glutathione drip is common like getting their hair done in a beauty salon. Maybe I’ve living under a rock for too long.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online