Davao City – Arellano University will replace San Beda University when the much-anticipated 82nd Araw ng Dabaw Invitational basketball tournament tips off on March 18-21 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
“Arellano University will take place for San Beda University after the reigning NCAA champions withdrew to put more focus on their participating in the PBA Development League,” said SBP-XI regional operations head Ronel Leuterio.
Arellano University will join De La Salle University, University of the East, Lyceum of the Philippines University as the official entries to the four-day competition presented by the SBP-XI chapter, Matina Enclaves, the Royal Mandaya Hotel and the City Government of Davao through the City Sports Development Division Office.
Mayor Inday Sara Duterte and Presidential Assistant on Sports and SBP-XI director Glen Escandor are expected to grace the opening rites at 5:30 p.m.
Two games are set per night with the top two teams emerging from the elimination round will play in the finals. The lower two seeded squads will play for third.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories