Buhangin lass Clydel June Tabacolde was crowned Mutya ng Davao 2019 in front of a huge crowd during the much awaited Grand Coronation Night on Saturday at RMC Petro Gazz Arena.
Tabacolde, Candidate No. 2, is a graduating student of San Pedro College taking up BS in Physical Therapy.
“As a physical therapist intern, I would like to perform my advocacy in helping people who are not privileged enough to afford the benefits of having a physical therapy treatment,” the 23-year-old Tabacolde told reporters in an interview.
Still dazed, Tabocalde hoped she delivered her answer well during the final question-and-answer portion.
The top 3 candidates were asked the same question: “There are women suffering silently in the dark because of the abuse and discrimination. As a Davaoeña, what is your message for these women for them to regain courage and shine again?”
Tabacolde proved how she deserved the crown as she answered, “As your probable Mutya ng Davao 2019, I will use my platform to communicate to women not only in Davao but also the whole Philippines by using social media. With that, I will send a message to them that you’re not alone, you have us, you have me and I have other people that will help us gain together, work together to bring up each other’s courage and respect for one another. Let us give inspiration to one another and live with dignity.”
Jeriza Uy was declared as Diwa ng Davao 2019 while Eula Cristine Napuli was crowned Sinag ng Davao 2019.
The new Diwa ng Davao was also awarded with Best in Casual Wear and Best in Long Gown.
The three outshined 77 candidates as they dazzled their way to the crown.
Compared to the previous years, the coronation this year was held earlier so the reigning Mutya ng Davao 2019 and her court would be able to attend succeeding activities planned for the 82nd Araw ng Davao.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success