A tricycle driver, tagged in the murder of two sisters whose bodies were found in a vacant lot in Barangay Langub, Talomo District last week, surrendered to the authorities on Saturday night.
Police Major Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo Police Station, identified the suspect as Mariano Camomot Bacus alias Amay, 42, a resident of Mohon, Langub.
Lao identified the victims as sisters Mikmik and Naknak Intan of Sta. Maria, Davao Occidental.
The police chief said the victims are relative of Bacus’ wife.
Lao said the suspect surrendered around 7 p.m. on Saturday to Barangay Kagawad Bernie Pepito after being informed that he was being hunted by the police.
“According to the barangay official, Bacus confessed to him that he was the one who perpetrated the killing,” the police chief said.
The body of Mikmik was found on Feb. 27. The second body was found the next day.
Police said a witness told investigators that they saw a blue tricycle with a female passenger passing in Villa Señorita Subdivision hours prior to the discovery of the body.
They next day, they saw again the motorcycle, driven by the same man, passing in the area.
Lao said the two died due to injury in their head, probably hit by a rock.
He said they are still waiting for the autopsy report to determine if the victims were raped.
The suspect allegedly admitted that his intention was only to rob the victims’ cellphones, the police commander said.
In an interview with reporters, the suspect also admitted the crime.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Talomo Police Station as documents are being prepared for filing of charges.
The tricycle was also endorsed to the police station.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat