Twelve churchgoers were hurt when a dilapidated chapel constructed on stilts collapsed in the coastal area of Barangay 22-C, Poblacion District.
Captain Arcadio de Dios, deputy chief ng Sta. Ana police, said the eight-year-old chapel built atop the shoreline in the Boulevard area gave up as the chapel was fully loaded during a service.
The chapel of Born Again Christian Church, made of light materials, and the worshippers directly plunged to the sea at 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
Residents immediately rescued the 12 victims. They are now all in stable condition.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months