Twelve churchgoers were hurt when a dilapidated chapel constructed on stilts collapsed in the coastal area of Barangay 22-C, Poblacion District.
Captain Arcadio de Dios, deputy chief ng Sta. Ana police, said the eight-year-old chapel built atop the shoreline in the Boulevard area gave up as the chapel was fully loaded during a service.
The chapel of Born Again Christian Church, made of light materials, and the worshippers directly plunged to the sea at 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
Residents immediately rescued the 12 victims. They are now all in stable condition.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized