Three individuals were arrested during an illegal-gambling operation in Purok 12, Barangay Communal, Buhangin on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Personnel from the Buhangin precinct conducted the operation around 3:30 p.m., resulting in the arrest of Marcelita Diampa Bakiao, 36, and Emiliano Aguiwat Pansaon, 27, both residents of the above address; and Epifanio Coronia Naboa, 49, a resident of Sta. Rosa Angliongto compound in Sasa.
They were reportedly playing the card game “tong-its” when caught in the act. Police seized P350 in bet money that will be used as evidence against them.
They are facing a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602 and are now under the custody of the said Buhangin precinct.
by Jurlyn Gocotano/UM Intern
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat