Three individuals were arrested during an illegal-gambling operation in Purok 12, Barangay Communal, Buhangin on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Personnel from the Buhangin precinct conducted the operation around 3:30 p.m., resulting in the arrest of Marcelita Diampa Bakiao, 36, and Emiliano Aguiwat Pansaon, 27, both residents of the above address; and Epifanio Coronia Naboa, 49, a resident of Sta. Rosa Angliongto compound in Sasa.
They were reportedly playing the card game “tong-its” when caught in the act. Police seized P350 in bet money that will be used as evidence against them.
They are facing a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602 and are now under the custody of the said Buhangin precinct.
by Jurlyn Gocotano/UM Intern
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online