Police will be implementing the “No backpack policy” during the celebration of the 82nd Araw ng Dabaw.
“We will try to implement that because we have an existing ‘No backpack policy,’” said Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales.
Morales said he is concerned with those visitors from other places who bring their bags in the city and don’t know the policy.
“So we will try to explain to them (so) we can get their cooperation,” Morales said.
This as the Police Regional office has started to deploy around 4,500 security forces for the activity.
Morales said “we will brief well our personnel and volunteers to handle an individual who is carrying backpack.”
He said they are implementing a stricter security measures for Araw ng Dabaw to secure all areas in the city.
Morales attended yesterday’s sendoff ceremony held at the Davao City Police Office ground.
Morales said even police officers from the regional police will help in providing police visibility and patrol duty.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market