A fire hit an industrial supplies factory in Bud-bud, Barangay Bunawan Proper, Bunawan District around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, welcoming the Fire Prevention Month.
The blaze at the Davao Omega Industry Corporation in Km. 22, Calderon, Bud-bud, was put under control at around 1:00 a.m. on Friday by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Bunawan Station.
Initial investigation disclosed that the fire allegedly started at the back portion of the factory.
Embers from the chimney coming from the adjacent banana chips company went to their stockpile of bagasse and sparked the fire.
There was no report of anyone injured.
The cost of damage at the factory is yet to be determined by fire investigators.
A fire also hit the same area just a week earlier. On Feb. 22, 28 houses were razed to ground.
The Thursday’s fire is the 104th fire incident to hit the city since the start of the year.
March is Fire Prevention Month.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories