A fire hit an industrial supplies factory in Bud-bud, Barangay Bunawan Proper, Bunawan District around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, welcoming the Fire Prevention Month.
The blaze at the Davao Omega Industry Corporation in Km. 22, Calderon, Bud-bud, was put under control at around 1:00 a.m. on Friday by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Bunawan Station.
Initial investigation disclosed that the fire allegedly started at the back portion of the factory.
Embers from the chimney coming from the adjacent banana chips company went to their stockpile of bagasse and sparked the fire.
There was no report of anyone injured.
The cost of damage at the factory is yet to be determined by fire investigators.
A fire also hit the same area just a week earlier. On Feb. 22, 28 houses were razed to ground.
The Thursday’s fire is the 104th fire incident to hit the city since the start of the year.
March is Fire Prevention Month.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat