A decomposing body of a woman was found in Barangay Langub, Talomo District on Thursday.
Police are still investigating if there was foul play in the case.
The woman is still unidentified.
Initial investigation disclosed that at around 5 p.m. Thursday, 73-year-old farmer Rodrigo Alindahaw Abarilla smelled a foul odor as he was visiting his cows in Purok 6, Mahayahay, Langub.
Police said the body was partly covered with garbage and the upper left arm was probably eaten by stray dogs.
The woman was described as wearing blue maong pants and a floral t-shirt, ranging from 25 to 30 years old and about 5’2” in height.
The cadaver was brought to the Angel Funeral Homes Torres for the required autopsy test.
The Davao City Police Office is still conducting a follow-up investigation to identify the victim.
By Frances Marianne Grace F. Miranda/UM Intern
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat