Eighteen wanted individuals were arrested in Oplan: Kalinaw, a joint anti-crime operation, conducted in different areas of the city on Thursday.
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Col. Alexander Tagum said the operations resulted in the background check and profiling of 953 residents, including 28 persons who have no valid identification card.
Tagum said those arrested persons have pending warrants of arrest.
He identified them as Abe Lacuna Duran (reckless imprudence resulting in slight physical injuries and damage to property), Edgardo Blanco Frias (illegal drugs), Juanito Ribamba Lubenido (theft), Clyvon Motlog (violence against women and their children), Judylyn Abunda (falsification of private individual of public document), Vicente Matas Zamora (illegal gambling), Rowena Ruth Go Palisoc (water pilferage), Romulo Manaid Jose (attempted murder), Loreline Esma (physical injuries), Edrago Baniog and Ronnie Pana (qualified theft), Rene Clarion (murder), Angel Dacanay (grave slander), Antonio Balili Villarias (Robbery); Charlie Cayof (violation of Tabaco Act), Danilo Dingal (attempted theft), Norlita Mahomoc (illegal gambling), Edwin Villarin (qualified rape and acts of lasciviousness).
The operation was led by the DCPO with the assistance of Task Force Davao, Philippine Coast Guard, Regional Mobile Unit, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency, Bureau of Fire and Protection, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, Regional Intelligence Unit; 44th Special Action Company, and City Health Office.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat