Around 1,000 personnel from the Police Regional Office XI will be deployed to secure the Araw ng Dabaw festival.
During the final security coordination meeting held at Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) conference room on Feb. 22 around 9 a.m., Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales said that they are amplifying the security for Davao City against criminals, rebels, and terrorists.
Morales said the traffic management plan and checkpoints will be implemented as the festivity opens on March 1 with the Misa Pasasalamat at San Pedro Cathedral.
“Aside from the personnel of DCPO, there will be additional troops to be deployed from the regional headquarters to intensify police presence through increased foot patrol and mobile patrol operations,” he said.
“Police assistance desks will also be established on places of convergence,” Morales added.
The Araw ng Dabaw is a city-wide celebration for its anniversary on March 16, which attracts both local and foreign visitors.
A series of activities is being prepared by the city government and private sector, including the Mutya ng Davao on March 15 at the Davao City Recreational Center and the grand parade on the morning of the 16th.
“We are all commanders so the decision and action to be taken are in our hands. There’s no one to blame but ourselves so we have to be ready for it and not to be complacent,” he said.
Meanwhile, he asked the public to be vigilant and on the lookout for suspicious persons and unattended bags and report them immediately to the police, Task Force Davao personnel, traffic enforcers, or Davao auxiliary members.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission