Around 1,000 personnel from the Police Regional Office XI will be deployed to secure the Araw ng Dabaw festival.
During the final security coordination meeting held at Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) conference room on Feb. 22 around 9 a.m., Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales said that they are amplifying the security for Davao City against criminals, rebels, and terrorists.
Morales said the traffic management plan and checkpoints will be implemented as the festivity opens on March 1 with the Misa Pasasalamat at San Pedro Cathedral.
“Aside from the personnel of DCPO, there will be additional troops to be deployed from the regional headquarters to intensify police presence through increased foot patrol and mobile patrol operations,” he said.
“Police assistance desks will also be established on places of convergence,” Morales added.
The Araw ng Dabaw is a city-wide celebration for its anniversary on March 16, which attracts both local and foreign visitors.
A series of activities is being prepared by the city government and private sector, including the Mutya ng Davao on March 15 at the Davao City Recreational Center and the grand parade on the morning of the 16th.
“We are all commanders so the decision and action to be taken are in our hands. There’s no one to blame but ourselves so we have to be ready for it and not to be complacent,” he said.
Meanwhile, he asked the public to be vigilant and on the lookout for suspicious persons and unattended bags and report them immediately to the police, Task Force Davao personnel, traffic enforcers, or Davao auxiliary members.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat