Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families from far-flung barangays will now be formed into an organization to strengthen the education campaign on the benefits of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration XI.
The OWWA XI held an orientation on its various programs and services to the Barangay Bantol and Barangay Magsaysay in Marilog to inform OFW dependents about the number of benefits and services available to them.
Apart from organizing them as an organization, the OWWA briefed OFWs and their families on education and training assistance, workers welfare assistance program, and social and family welfare services.
Partnering with OWWA are the barangay councils, which also committed their support to disseminate the information to all their constituents who were not able to attend the orientation.
“We are so happy that despite the long distance of our barangay from the city, we were given the chance to hear the good news and be informed about the benefits of the OFWs and their families,” Rolando Mansi, barangay chairman of Magsaysay, said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat