Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families from far-flung barangays will now be formed into an organization to strengthen the education campaign on the benefits of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration XI.
The OWWA XI held an orientation on its various programs and services to the Barangay Bantol and Barangay Magsaysay in Marilog to inform OFW dependents about the number of benefits and services available to them.
Apart from organizing them as an organization, the OWWA briefed OFWs and their families on education and training assistance, workers welfare assistance program, and social and family welfare services.
Partnering with OWWA are the barangay councils, which also committed their support to disseminate the information to all their constituents who were not able to attend the orientation.
“We are so happy that despite the long distance of our barangay from the city, we were given the chance to hear the good news and be informed about the benefits of the OFWs and their families,” Rolando Mansi, barangay chairman of Magsaysay, said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories