Seven individuals were arrested on Monday as part of the anti-gambling campaign of the Davao City Police Office.
Those arrested were Marina Padernal Sumalinog, 60; Joffry Aclon Masamayor, 46; Reynaldo Barabat Sumalinog, 54; Bonifacio Tupas Perez, 66; Proctoso Cabilao Rama, 52; Raquel Espanada Trono, 58; and Diosdado Racho Paman, 47, for the violation of anti-illegal gambling law.
Recovered from their possession were gambling paraphernalia for last two and mahjong, along with P650 worth of betting money.
They face a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602.
The simultaneous operations were conducted by the Talomo, Sta. Ana, and Sasa police precincts. The target areas covered by those operations were NHA relocation, Bangkal, Nissan Street, Jerome in Agdao; and Golden Heights in Panacan.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized