Seven individuals were arrested on Monday as part of the anti-gambling campaign of the Davao City Police Office.
Those arrested were Marina Padernal Sumalinog, 60; Joffry Aclon Masamayor, 46; Reynaldo Barabat Sumalinog, 54; Bonifacio Tupas Perez, 66; Proctoso Cabilao Rama, 52; Raquel Espanada Trono, 58; and Diosdado Racho Paman, 47, for the violation of anti-illegal gambling law.
Recovered from their possession were gambling paraphernalia for last two and mahjong, along with P650 worth of betting money.
They face a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602.
The simultaneous operations were conducted by the Talomo, Sta. Ana, and Sasa police precincts. The target areas covered by those operations were NHA relocation, Bangkal, Nissan Street, Jerome in Agdao; and Golden Heights in Panacan.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village