Seven individuals were arrested on Monday as part of the anti-gambling campaign of the Davao City Police Office.
Those arrested were Marina Padernal Sumalinog, 60; Joffry Aclon Masamayor, 46; Reynaldo Barabat Sumalinog, 54; Bonifacio Tupas Perez, 66; Proctoso Cabilao Rama, 52; Raquel Espanada Trono, 58; and Diosdado Racho Paman, 47, for the violation of anti-illegal gambling law.
Recovered from their possession were gambling paraphernalia for last two and mahjong, along with P650 worth of betting money.
They face a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602.
The simultaneous operations were conducted by the Talomo, Sta. Ana, and Sasa police precincts. The target areas covered by those operations were NHA relocation, Bangkal, Nissan Street, Jerome in Agdao; and Golden Heights in Panacan.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat