Seven individuals were arrested on Monday as part of the anti-gambling campaign of the Davao City Police Office.
Those arrested were Marina Padernal Sumalinog, 60; Joffry Aclon Masamayor, 46; Reynaldo Barabat Sumalinog, 54; Bonifacio Tupas Perez, 66; Proctoso Cabilao Rama, 52; Raquel Espanada Trono, 58; and Diosdado Racho Paman, 47, for the violation of anti-illegal gambling law.
Recovered from their possession were gambling paraphernalia for last two and mahjong, along with P650 worth of betting money.
They face a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602.
The simultaneous operations were conducted by the Talomo, Sta. Ana, and Sasa police precincts. The target areas covered by those operations were NHA relocation, Bangkal, Nissan Street, Jerome in Agdao; and Golden Heights in Panacan.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market