Seven individuals were arrested on Monday as part of the anti-gambling campaign of the Davao City Police Office.
Those arrested were Marina Padernal Sumalinog, 60; Joffry Aclon Masamayor, 46; Reynaldo Barabat Sumalinog, 54; Bonifacio Tupas Perez, 66; Proctoso Cabilao Rama, 52; Raquel Espanada Trono, 58; and Diosdado Racho Paman, 47, for the violation of anti-illegal gambling law.
Recovered from their possession were gambling paraphernalia for last two and mahjong, along with P650 worth of betting money.
They face a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602.
The simultaneous operations were conducted by the Talomo, Sta. Ana, and Sasa police precincts. The target areas covered by those operations were NHA relocation, Bangkal, Nissan Street, Jerome in Agdao; and Golden Heights in Panacan.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Concepcion, Austriaco ask IATF to begin pandemic exit plan for Ph
- ROUGH CUTS | The Garcia dominance’s acid test
- Only 150,000 received booster shots | mayor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Group welcomes House approval to place of DavNor, Maco under DLPC
- 2 nabbed for marijuana
- House gives final nod on bill allowing DLPC to serve DN
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 26, 2022
- Converge leads Netflix’ ISP Speed Index in December 2021
- Concepcion, experts urge return to pre-omicron protocols