Seventeen houses were gutted by fire in two separate incidents in Bunawan and Buhangin District on Sunday and Monday.
Twelve houses were razed at around 5 a.m. of Feb. 24 in Purok 10, Bosque Village, Bunawan with an estimated cause of damage of P80,000. There was no casualty recorded in the fire.
The Bureau of Fire Protection said that faulty electrical wiring was the cause of the incident. Affected families were evacuated at the Bosque Elementary School.
Meanwhile, five houses were also razed at around 11 a.m. of Feb. 25 in Purok Sto. Niño, Buhangin District with an estimated cause of damage of P500,000.
The fire started at the house of Delia Lanaban, 50, housewife. The fire quickly spread to the adjacent structures. A fire out was declared at 12:10 p.m.
By Jurlyn Gocotano/UM Intern
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat