Seventeen houses were gutted by fire in two separate incidents in Bunawan and Buhangin District on Sunday and Monday.
Twelve houses were razed at around 5 a.m. of Feb. 24 in Purok 10, Bosque Village, Bunawan with an estimated cause of damage of P80,000. There was no casualty recorded in the fire.
The Bureau of Fire Protection said that faulty electrical wiring was the cause of the incident. Affected families were evacuated at the Bosque Elementary School.
Meanwhile, five houses were also razed at around 11 a.m. of Feb. 25 in Purok Sto. Niño, Buhangin District with an estimated cause of damage of P500,000.
The fire started at the house of Delia Lanaban, 50, housewife. The fire quickly spread to the adjacent structures. A fire out was declared at 12:10 p.m.
By Jurlyn Gocotano/UM Intern
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories