More than P100,000 worth of illegal drugs were confiscated from the four individuals including a 17-year-old boy in a buy-bust in Purok 7, Barangay Apokon, Tagum City at 9:20 p.m. on Sunday.
Chief Insp. Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Precinct, said the operation resulted in the apprehension of Edwin Monteverde, 25, student; Edelson Monteverde, 24, laborer; and alias Ed, all residents of Purok 7, Apokon, Tagum City; and Ramil De Gracia, 28, married, a resident of Purok Aluya, Binuagan, Maco, Compostela Valley.
The joint operation was conducted by the Drug Enforcement Team of the Bunawan Police Precinct, together with the Emergency Response Company of the Task Force Davao, led by Sgt. Larry F. Tullaga, Pfc. Norman O Jambaro, and Pfc. Ronnie A Bantusan under the supervision of Capt. Jonathan Sarausas.
Police recovered two big sachets of shabu, along with the P500 marked money.
“The arrest of said persons was the result of the intensified campaigned against illegal drugs,” he added.
For now, they are detained in the Bunawan precinct to face a case for violation of Sec 5, 11, and 13 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat