More than P100,000 worth of illegal drugs were confiscated from the four individuals including a 17-year-old boy in a buy-bust in Purok 7, Barangay Apokon, Tagum City at 9:20 p.m. on Sunday.
Chief Insp. Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Precinct, said the operation resulted in the apprehension of Edwin Monteverde, 25, student; Edelson Monteverde, 24, laborer; and alias Ed, all residents of Purok 7, Apokon, Tagum City; and Ramil De Gracia, 28, married, a resident of Purok Aluya, Binuagan, Maco, Compostela Valley.
The joint operation was conducted by the Drug Enforcement Team of the Bunawan Police Precinct, together with the Emergency Response Company of the Task Force Davao, led by Sgt. Larry F. Tullaga, Pfc. Norman O Jambaro, and Pfc. Ronnie A Bantusan under the supervision of Capt. Jonathan Sarausas.
Police recovered two big sachets of shabu, along with the P500 marked money.
“The arrest of said persons was the result of the intensified campaigned against illegal drugs,” he added.
For now, they are detained in the Bunawan precinct to face a case for violation of Sec 5, 11, and 13 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories