The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will hold a consultation with jeepney operators and barangay officials on March 5 for the planned augmentation of buses in Mintal, Cabantian, and Sasa areas.
Last Feb. 20, the city deployed 12 buses to augment stranded passengers in Catalunan Grande and Toril areas during rush hours.
In an interview yesterday at the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said they are planning to field at least three buses each in the three new targeted areas where there are also high volume of stranded passengers during rush hours.
Abude said there is a need to conduct a consultation with leaders and affected jeepney operators in the three areas.
The CTTMO chief also said he will recommend for the field three more buses for Catalunan Grande and two more buses for Toril. Currently, four buses are serving Catalunan Grande and eight buses are fielded in Toril.
Abude said the city is adamant to “solve the problem of stranded passengers.”
If there is a lack of city buses for the program, he said they will be tapping the provincial buses.
Abude yesterday attended the launching of the inter-agency council for traffic at the DCPO.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus