The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will hold a consultation with jeepney operators and barangay officials on March 5 for the planned augmentation of buses in Mintal, Cabantian, and Sasa areas.
Last Feb. 20, the city deployed 12 buses to augment stranded passengers in Catalunan Grande and Toril areas during rush hours.
In an interview yesterday at the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said they are planning to field at least three buses each in the three new targeted areas where there are also high volume of stranded passengers during rush hours.
Abude said there is a need to conduct a consultation with leaders and affected jeepney operators in the three areas.
The CTTMO chief also said he will recommend for the field three more buses for Catalunan Grande and two more buses for Toril. Currently, four buses are serving Catalunan Grande and eight buses are fielded in Toril.
Abude said the city is adamant to “solve the problem of stranded passengers.”
If there is a lack of city buses for the program, he said they will be tapping the provincial buses.
Abude yesterday attended the launching of the inter-agency council for traffic at the DCPO.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC