A traffic enforcer was killed in a road incident along Quezon Boulevard near Central Convenience Store at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 24.
According to the report, Welcar Emilio Cuma, 50, a resident of Zone 4, Barangay 76-A, tried to slip between two vehicles not realizing there was a rope in the way. Apparently, the lead vehicle was towing another.
The victim was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but doctors could not revive him. The driver of the towing multi-cab is now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office.
Meanwhile, John Narciso Venturillo, 31, welder, and a resident of Purok 22, Malagamot, Panacan, was driving his Rusi motorcycle near his house. He swerved to the opposite lane and slammed into the Kia dropside truck driven by Norberto Berdos, 44, from Ocean View, Barangay Ilang.
He was brought to the SPMC but was declared dead on arrival.
Berdos was brought to the police station for processing.
by Frances Marianne Grace F. Miranda/UM Intern
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months