A traffic enforcer was killed in a road incident along Quezon Boulevard near Central Convenience Store at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 24.
According to the report, Welcar Emilio Cuma, 50, a resident of Zone 4, Barangay 76-A, tried to slip between two vehicles not realizing there was a rope in the way. Apparently, the lead vehicle was towing another.
The victim was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but doctors could not revive him. The driver of the towing multi-cab is now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office.
Meanwhile, John Narciso Venturillo, 31, welder, and a resident of Purok 22, Malagamot, Panacan, was driving his Rusi motorcycle near his house. He swerved to the opposite lane and slammed into the Kia dropside truck driven by Norberto Berdos, 44, from Ocean View, Barangay Ilang.
He was brought to the SPMC but was declared dead on arrival.
Berdos was brought to the police station for processing.
by Frances Marianne Grace F. Miranda/UM Intern
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized