A traffic enforcer was killed in a road incident along Quezon Boulevard near Central Convenience Store at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 24.
According to the report, Welcar Emilio Cuma, 50, a resident of Zone 4, Barangay 76-A, tried to slip between two vehicles not realizing there was a rope in the way. Apparently, the lead vehicle was towing another.
The victim was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but doctors could not revive him. The driver of the towing multi-cab is now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office.
Meanwhile, John Narciso Venturillo, 31, welder, and a resident of Purok 22, Malagamot, Panacan, was driving his Rusi motorcycle near his house. He swerved to the opposite lane and slammed into the Kia dropside truck driven by Norberto Berdos, 44, from Ocean View, Barangay Ilang.
He was brought to the SPMC but was declared dead on arrival.
Berdos was brought to the police station for processing.
by Frances Marianne Grace F. Miranda/UM Intern
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus