Two alleged drug suspects were killed during the implementation of a search warrant by the Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RPDEU) in Barangay Buhangin Proper and Cabantian at 3:45 a.m. yesterday.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified them as Noel Segovia, 44, jobless, a resident of Saint Jude in Buhangin; and Roland Monleon, 35, construction worker, a resident of Purok Mahayag.
Baria said suspect Edwin Tibay was also arrested during the operation while two others, identified as Mon Jacob Catubig and Edmond Tibay, managed to escape.
The RPDEU of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion, led by Sr. Insp. Ian Marc Polestico, coordinated with the Buhangin Police Precinct to serve four search warrants for the case of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
Baria said the search warrants were served in the house of the two slain suspects. Reportedly, they both fired at the operatives who retaliated.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives recovered cartridges from a 45. caliber pistol and .38 caliber revolver.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories