Two alleged drug suspects were killed during the implementation of a search warrant by the Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RPDEU) in Barangay Buhangin Proper and Cabantian at 3:45 a.m. yesterday.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified them as Noel Segovia, 44, jobless, a resident of Saint Jude in Buhangin; and Roland Monleon, 35, construction worker, a resident of Purok Mahayag.
Baria said suspect Edwin Tibay was also arrested during the operation while two others, identified as Mon Jacob Catubig and Edmond Tibay, managed to escape.
The RPDEU of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion, led by Sr. Insp. Ian Marc Polestico, coordinated with the Buhangin Police Precinct to serve four search warrants for the case of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
Baria said the search warrants were served in the house of the two slain suspects. Reportedly, they both fired at the operatives who retaliated.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives recovered cartridges from a 45. caliber pistol and .38 caliber revolver.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach