Three suspects were collared in an illegal gambling operation conducted by agents of Toril Police Precinct in Barangay Marapangi, Toril District around 10 p.m. Saturday.
The suspects were identified as Bryan Urdaneta Lopez, 40; Arlen Mulles Lopez, 42; and Roseta Urdaneta Lopez, 65, all residents of Sto. Niño, Barangay Marapangi.
They were caught playing “tong-its,” a card game, with bets.
Police recovered a set of playing cards and the bet money amounting to P300.
The suspects will be facing cases for violating Presidential Decree 1602 or Anti-Gambling Law.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year