Three suspects were collared in an illegal gambling operation conducted by agents of Toril Police Precinct in Barangay Marapangi, Toril District around 10 p.m. Saturday.
The suspects were identified as Bryan Urdaneta Lopez, 40; Arlen Mulles Lopez, 42; and Roseta Urdaneta Lopez, 65, all residents of Sto. Niño, Barangay Marapangi.
They were caught playing “tong-its,” a card game, with bets.
Police recovered a set of playing cards and the bet money amounting to P300.
The suspects will be facing cases for violating Presidential Decree 1602 or Anti-Gambling Law.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories