Three suspects were collared in an illegal gambling operation conducted by agents of Toril Police Precinct in Barangay Marapangi, Toril District around 10 p.m. Saturday.
The suspects were identified as Bryan Urdaneta Lopez, 40; Arlen Mulles Lopez, 42; and Roseta Urdaneta Lopez, 65, all residents of Sto. Niño, Barangay Marapangi.
They were caught playing “tong-its,” a card game, with bets.
Police recovered a set of playing cards and the bet money amounting to P300.
The suspects will be facing cases for violating Presidential Decree 1602 or Anti-Gambling Law.
By Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Intern
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1