An alleged attacker was killed when his target fought back in a stabbing incident that settled a long-running feud in Barangay Calinan Proper, Calinan District on Saturday evening.
Police identified the victim as Adonis Sarsale, 30, a laborer, and the target-turned-suspect as Fredie Millona, 25, a construction worker.
Both are neighbors in Purok 25, Teachers Village, Calinan Proper.
Initial investigation disclosed that Millona was playing a game inside an internet shop when Sarsale arrived 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Without any warning, Sarsale stabbed Millona on his right chest using a knife.
However, Millona survived and retaliated.
He pulled the knife from his chest and stabbed Sarsale twice.
Sarsale, the attacker, died, while Millona is now under treatment at Southern Philippines Medical Center.
According to their neighbors, both were involved in a heated confrontation early this month. Both were scheduled for mediation at the barangay hall of Brgy. Calinan Proper.
Millona is expected to face appropriate cases after his recovery.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat