An alleged attacker was killed when his target fought back in a stabbing incident that settled a long-running feud in Barangay Calinan Proper, Calinan District on Saturday evening.
Police identified the victim as Adonis Sarsale, 30, a laborer, and the target-turned-suspect as Fredie Millona, 25, a construction worker.
Both are neighbors in Purok 25, Teachers Village, Calinan Proper.
Initial investigation disclosed that Millona was playing a game inside an internet shop when Sarsale arrived 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Without any warning, Sarsale stabbed Millona on his right chest using a knife.
However, Millona survived and retaliated.
He pulled the knife from his chest and stabbed Sarsale twice.
Sarsale, the attacker, died, while Millona is now under treatment at Southern Philippines Medical Center.
According to their neighbors, both were involved in a heated confrontation early this month. Both were scheduled for mediation at the barangay hall of Brgy. Calinan Proper.
Millona is expected to face appropriate cases after his recovery.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again