An alleged attacker was killed when his target fought back in a stabbing incident that settled a long-running feud in Barangay Calinan Proper, Calinan District on Saturday evening.
Police identified the victim as Adonis Sarsale, 30, a laborer, and the target-turned-suspect as Fredie Millona, 25, a construction worker.
Both are neighbors in Purok 25, Teachers Village, Calinan Proper.
Initial investigation disclosed that Millona was playing a game inside an internet shop when Sarsale arrived 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Without any warning, Sarsale stabbed Millona on his right chest using a knife.
However, Millona survived and retaliated.
He pulled the knife from his chest and stabbed Sarsale twice.
Sarsale, the attacker, died, while Millona is now under treatment at Southern Philippines Medical Center.
According to their neighbors, both were involved in a heated confrontation early this month. Both were scheduled for mediation at the barangay hall of Brgy. Calinan Proper.
Millona is expected to face appropriate cases after his recovery.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?