An alleged attacker was killed when his target fought back in a stabbing incident that settled a long-running feud in Barangay Calinan Proper, Calinan District on Saturday evening.
Police identified the victim as Adonis Sarsale, 30, a laborer, and the target-turned-suspect as Fredie Millona, 25, a construction worker.
Both are neighbors in Purok 25, Teachers Village, Calinan Proper.
Initial investigation disclosed that Millona was playing a game inside an internet shop when Sarsale arrived 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Without any warning, Sarsale stabbed Millona on his right chest using a knife.
However, Millona survived and retaliated.
He pulled the knife from his chest and stabbed Sarsale twice.
Sarsale, the attacker, died, while Millona is now under treatment at Southern Philippines Medical Center.
According to their neighbors, both were involved in a heated confrontation early this month. Both were scheduled for mediation at the barangay hall of Brgy. Calinan Proper.
Millona is expected to face appropriate cases after his recovery.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission