A 33 year old man was stabbed by his co-workers during a drinking session around 12:30 a.m. Friday in Barangay Ma-a, Talomo District.
Police identified the victim as Cherrie Rodriguez Peñaflor, a construction worker residing in Purok 9, Lunikad Compound, Ma-a.
The suspects were identified as Archie Tumalatay, 23 and Ramon Udtuhan Bughao, 31, also construction workers living in the same place.
Initial investigation disclosed that the three were having a drinking spree, and a misunderstanding sparked.
Tumalatay hit the victim in the head with an empty bottle. Bughao then stabbed the victim in the legs using a knife.
Responding police officer immediately arrested the suspects.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online