This generation is perhaps facing the toughest challenge of all time: ensuring the survival of our planet. If we take on the task, it means all of us who share the earth’s resources are all guilty of contributing to the destruction of our environment.
Global warming has ceased to be just a vague phrase. It has become all too real in the blistering summer heat and in the sudden downpour that wreck villages and take lives. It manifests itself in the changing of the harvest season and the shifting of the landscape.
The international organization Earth Day Network has started its two-year campaign called “Green Generation” to encourage everyone to take part in preserving our home. The activities are very simple and “includes ordinary people who are engaged in individual and collective activities to improve their health, to improve their schools, to participate in building a solution to urgent national and global issues, such as climate change or the world’s water crises.”
It enjoins “people of all ages and all nationalities, consumers who are committed to buying green; community leaders who are focused on greening their communities; parents and teachers who work to provide healthy foods and green schools for their children; those who work in green jobs; academics whose research is focused on innovative products and services; scientists and engineers who develop new green technologies; and governments that seek to implement policies and support research that will build a green economy and healthy population, and the religious community who are committed to a vision of a just, sustainable, green planet. Corporations will play a key leadership role in the Green Generation campaign, particularly those that recognize that their future success is tied to sustainable products and socially just endeavors.”
Caring for the environment is an important and urgent matter.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021