A local non-government organization put out a call for donation of basic goods for the victims of the fire that wiped out almost the entire Badjao community in Isla Verde, Brgy 23-c on Wednesday.
In a Facebook post of Tambayan Center for Children’s Rights Inc, houses and boats were completely destroyed, with only about a quarter households spared but with some damages” after huge fire brokeout in the area reaching fourth alarm.
In an initial statement of Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) XI, 200 households were burned down leaving hundreds of residents homeless.
Victims are in need of the following:
1. Food (Rice, Packed or Sardines, Noodles, Relief goods, Fruits, Milk for Babies)
4. Clothing (including undergarments)
5. Shoes and slippers (Donating your spare shoes and slippers to Bajaus could also mean a lot for them as they can also sell these for ukay-ukay without acquiring capital from loan sharks)
6. Feminine Hygiene Kits
7. Cups, plates, tupperwares, kitchen utensils
Donations are also accepted at Tambayan Office, New Lanzona Village, Matina Aplaya or contact them through 09171577586/(082)3260112 for inquiries.
Victims will also be receiving monetary assistance from the city government, P10,000 for owners of houses that were totally destroyed by fire and P5,000 for damaged houses and renters while P2,000 financial assistance will be given to sharers or boarders.
They are temporarily sheltered at the covered court of Brgy 23C.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach