City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) Chief Dionisio Abude said that they will be regulating sidecars and motorized tricycles for hire.
Abude said that the CTTMO will handle the registration of tricycles and bicycles starting March, and the motorized tricycle for hire in May.
During the I-Speak media forum, he said an inventory is already done on those who fabricate and manufacture sidecars.
According to Abude, the population of sidecars and motorized tricycles for hire will reduce as they will look into how many are required to serve passengers in the barangays.
Manufacturers also cannot manufacture sidecars if there is no permit from CTTMO and do not comply with the requirements on registration.
“We will regulate so that we can control the population and reduce the tricycles that are running on the roads,” Abude added.
By Cyril Gojar
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1