City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) Chief Dionisio Abude said that they will be regulating sidecars and motorized tricycles for hire.
Abude said that the CTTMO will handle the registration of tricycles and bicycles starting March, and the motorized tricycle for hire in May.
During the I-Speak media forum, he said an inventory is already done on those who fabricate and manufacture sidecars.
According to Abude, the population of sidecars and motorized tricycles for hire will reduce as they will look into how many are required to serve passengers in the barangays.
Manufacturers also cannot manufacture sidecars if there is no permit from CTTMO and do not comply with the requirements on registration.
“We will regulate so that we can control the population and reduce the tricycles that are running on the roads,” Abude added.
By Cyril Gojar
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories