•City to probe PHABS collection
Complaints on fare overcharging hound the newly introduced Peak Hours Augmentation Bus Service (PHABS).
A commuter complained she was charged higher than the fare listed at the matrix on the first day of its implementation.
With this, the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will investigate the overcharging incident, the first complaint since the PHABS started on Wednesday.
The student raised her first-hand experience during the weekly i-Speak media forum on Thursday at City Hall.
The student said she was charged higher than what is listed on the fare matrix as she rode one of the Toril-bound buses on her way from Roxas Avenue to IWHA Village in Barangay Dumoy, Talomo District.
In response, CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said the bus conductor will be held liable if the alleged overcharging incident is true.
“I will discuss that with Mindanao Star (bus operator) this incident,” Abude said.
He said it would be for the bus management to impose action against the erring personnel.
Abude said it was good that the overcharging incident was reported immediately so it could be corrected as soon as possible.
On Wednesday, PHABS kicked off its operation deploying seven buses: four Toril-bound units and three Catalunan Grande-bound units.
Ahead of its operation, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) XI issued fare matrix to guide commuters. Every unit is also required to post fare matrix that is visible to the commuters.
On the first day of operation, PHABS catered 673 commuters from Toril and 550 Catalunan Grande commuters.
Overall, Abude said they received positive feedback from the commuters.
The City launched the project to serve stranded commuters due to lack of public transportation on peak hours.
By Regina Mae Ronquillo and Frances Marianne Grace Miranda/UM Intern
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success