Davao City – The city’s first LGBT Araw ng Dabaw Volleyball tournament reels off in grand rites this March 3 at the Davao City National High School covered court.
“It will be the first for our LGBT friends who will compete for their respective teams in friendly competition,” said tournament director Abet Bernan of the Balebolista de Dabaw in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Some 10 teams will compete for trophies and medals in the tournament which is dubbed as the first “Rainbow Volleyball League”. Teams will be grouped into two divisions wherein the top two squads per division will play in the crossover semifinal round. Winners in the semifinals will proceed to the finals.
“We have entries from Toril, Ulas and Buhangin,” said Bernan who added that the tournament is part of the 2019 Araw ng Dabaw Sports festivities.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed