Davao City – The city’s first LGBT Araw ng Dabaw Volleyball tournament reels off in grand rites this March 3 at the Davao City National High School covered court.
“It will be the first for our LGBT friends who will compete for their respective teams in friendly competition,” said tournament director Abet Bernan of the Balebolista de Dabaw in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Some 10 teams will compete for trophies and medals in the tournament which is dubbed as the first “Rainbow Volleyball League”. Teams will be grouped into two divisions wherein the top two squads per division will play in the crossover semifinal round. Winners in the semifinals will proceed to the finals.
“We have entries from Toril, Ulas and Buhangin,” said Bernan who added that the tournament is part of the 2019 Araw ng Dabaw Sports festivities.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market