Davao City – The city’s first LGBT Araw ng Dabaw Volleyball tournament reels off in grand rites this March 3 at the Davao City National High School covered court.
“It will be the first for our LGBT friends who will compete for their respective teams in friendly competition,” said tournament director Abet Bernan of the Balebolista de Dabaw in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Some 10 teams will compete for trophies and medals in the tournament which is dubbed as the first “Rainbow Volleyball League”. Teams will be grouped into two divisions wherein the top two squads per division will play in the crossover semifinal round. Winners in the semifinals will proceed to the finals.
“We have entries from Toril, Ulas and Buhangin,” said Bernan who added that the tournament is part of the 2019 Araw ng Dabaw Sports festivities.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1