A Brother-and-Sister team of drug pushers and a companion were arrested by Talomo police agents in a buy-bust operation in Purok Sto. Niño, Dumanlas, Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District at 1:40 a.m. yesterday.
Authorities seized P300,000-worth of shabu.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Precinct commander, identified the suspects as Joselito Mulla Mendoza, alias Jojo, 20, single, construction worker; Allyn Queen Mendoza Quinitio, 30, single, nail polisher; and Reamea Monsahe, 23, single, jobless , all residents of Sto. Niño.
Lao said they conducted the buy-bust after they received reports that Mendoza and his sister Quinitio were peddling illegal drugs to drug users in the first and second districts in the city.
During the buy-bust, the suspects conspired to sell a sachet, suspected to contain shabu, to a police poseur buyer for P1,000.
Another nine sachets of shabu, drug paraphernalia placed inside a pencil case and P500 were also confiscated from Mendoza.
A cellular phone, allegedly used in contacting their buyers, was also seized from Monsahe.
Probers said the drugs estimated to worth P334,500.
Lao said the arrest of the suspects “will reduce the proliferation of illegal drugs” in the city.
The suspects are now detained at Talomo Police Precinct pending the filing of appropriate case for the violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized