Three men were arrested in separate illegal drug operations in Toril and Buhangin District, yesterday.
According to the reports from Davao City Police Office, personnel of Buhangin Precinct conducted a buy-bust operation around 1:58 a.m. along Rubi Street, Country Homes, Buhangin District which resulted in the arrest of two men.
The suspects were identified as Joryl Gaviola Labiste alias “Joryl” and Kay Cantay Hernana alias “Kylie” both are 18 yrs old and a resident of Toril.
Ten pieces of rectangular shape with dried fruiting tops with twigs believed to be marijuana, marked one as “A” and nine “B-J” and P500 pesos were recovered from the suspects.
Police launched a buy-bust operation against the suspects due to reports that these men were engaging in illegal drugs activities.
Meanwhile, in Brgy. Licanan, Lasang personnel from PS6 and Task Force Davao conducted checkpoint operation around 6 p.m which resulted to the arrest of Kurt Melendres Altiso, 28, and a resident of Purok Melendres, Brgy. Magugpo East, Tagum for violating RA 9165.
One piece heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing while crystalline substance believed to be shabu weighing MOL 0.5 gram was confiscated from the suspect.
Altiso is considered as low value target and newly identified drug personality.
The said suspects and evidences are now under the custody of said stations for proper dispositions.
By Lumelyn Cayunda and Kiara Maxine Cervantes
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon