ORGANIZERS of the De Oro Business and Investment Conference (De Oro Biz Icon) on March 4 are hoping to generate about P500 million in investment leads as they will look for partners of 36 investment proposals that could fetch about P3.2 billion in investments.
At the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape- Abreeza yesterday, Patrick Kim Evangelio of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)–Compostela Valley, said Compostela Valley Gov. Jayvee Tyron Uy has personally invited business executives from Manila and other parts of the Davao Region to invest in the priority sectors in the province that include tourism, aquaculture, mining, real estate, and agriculture.
Other possible investors are those who might want to partner with government in investments through Public-Private Partnerships (PPP).
“We need to prepare our local players because investors are coming in,” Rochelle Otoc, also of the same agency, said.
Organizers have renamed the event to De Oro Business and Investment Conference in anticipation of the approval of the change of name for the province from Compostela Valley to Davao de Oro.
Evangelio said the event will be a better venue for the local investors to partner with other investors as about 60 investors from outside the province are expected to join the event, about half of them have confirmed their attendance.
“We expect more this year because unlike the previous three years, we are now conducting this investment matching,” Evangelio said.
Last year, the agency recorded P58 million in sales about P250 million in investments that it monitored.
The agency has been helping the provincial government in making all the Negosyo Centers in its 11 towns become functional to assist investors.
With Kiara Maxine Cervantes/JMC Intern
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market