•Some 200 houses burned
A huge fire razed 200 houses at Purok 4 D, Barangay 23-C, Isla Verde yesterday, Feb. 20 at 1:20 p.m.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, chief investigation of Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, said a witness saw that the fire started at the house of a certain Edie Tungal.
The fire immediately spread to nearby houses which were made of light materials.
Immediately firefighters of the BFP, Filipino Chinese Fire Volunteer, 911 fire auxiliary, Davao Youth Volunteers, Task Force Davao, and Sta. Ana personnel responded to the fire scene.
Residents in the area fled for safety with only a few belongings that they can easily carry.
No casualty was reported.
Gillado said the fire was under control already at 2:35 pm and fire out at 4:56 pm. As of this writing, an overhauling process is still ongoing.
Officials are conducting further investigation to determine the cause of fire.
Initial information given by Purok Leader Jovencio Mansueto said about 200 houses were affected but this is still subject to City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) validation.
The fire victims are now sheltered at the Mini-Forest gym, with others temporarily housed at the Zonta Elementary School.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success