•Some 200 houses burned
A huge fire razed 200 houses at Purok 4 D, Barangay 23-C, Isla Verde yesterday, Feb. 20 at 1:20 p.m.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, chief investigation of Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, said a witness saw that the fire started at the house of a certain Edie Tungal.
The fire immediately spread to nearby houses which were made of light materials.
Immediately firefighters of the BFP, Filipino Chinese Fire Volunteer, 911 fire auxiliary, Davao Youth Volunteers, Task Force Davao, and Sta. Ana personnel responded to the fire scene.
Residents in the area fled for safety with only a few belongings that they can easily carry.
No casualty was reported.
Gillado said the fire was under control already at 2:35 pm and fire out at 4:56 pm. As of this writing, an overhauling process is still ongoing.
Officials are conducting further investigation to determine the cause of fire.
Initial information given by Purok Leader Jovencio Mansueto said about 200 houses were affected but this is still subject to City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) validation.
The fire victims are now sheltered at the Mini-Forest gym, with others temporarily housed at the Zonta Elementary School.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art