The Department of Agriculture (DA) XI launched the Malasakit Help Desk to bring agriculture services closer to farmers in the Davao Region.
DA XI Regional Director Ricardo Oñate led the inauguration ceremony held at their office compound last Monday.
The Malasakit Help Desk complements the Public Assistance Center located in all DA offices as required by Republic Act 9485, otherwise known as the “Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007.”
The establishment of the help desk is in compliance with the directive of DA Sec. Emmanuel Piñol to launch Malasakit Help Desk as an integrated Public Assistance Center.
“Our Malasakit center will serve as a one-stop window for assistance of the different services and interventions of DA. This is in line with President Duterte’s aspirations for a ‘Matatag, Maginhawa, at Panatag na Buhay,’”Oñate said.
With the launching of the Malasakit Center, farmers now have quicker and easier access to agri-fishery information and data, including those involving registration and accreditation; agri-profiling and validation; access to credit facilities, and crop insurance.
Oñate said that aside from providing information to the farmers, DA XI will also assist those who are requesting for scholarships, employment, training, and seminars by linking them with other concerned agencies.
DA XI technical staffs shall be responsible in responding issues and concerns from the farmers as one way to uphold their commitment in promoting agricultural development and inclusive growth.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead