Davao City Police Office Director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum has prohibited his personnel from engaging in Kapa, a company tagged to be involved in an illegal pyramiding scheme.
“I have already warned my people never to get involved with KAPA,” Tagum said.
Tagum issued the statement after the police office in South Cotabato issued a similar memorandum.
Kapa allegedly originated in SOCCSKSARGEN area.
Tagum said the presence of Kapa in the city is not yet widely spread as it is still starting here.
But he said they are expecting to get complaints from the victims months from now.
“There will be a complaint already because they (members) can no longer receive money,” he added.
The DCPO chief said Kapa is apparently still conducting recruitments, typical of a pyramiding scam.
Those in the fourth level in the recruitment usually are the victims as they could no longer get their invested money.x
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach