Six men were arrested for illegal cockfighting and gambling at 3 p.m. in Matina Pangi yesterday.
The suspects were identified as Carlito Larinag Navales, 53; Wilfredo Bansag Arnival, 56; Larry Marcojos Sayahon, 48; Roberto Udtohan Alimasag, 52; Joey Pila Alo, 38 and Furtonato Magallanes Taasan, 46, all residents of Matina Pangi.
They were allegedly operating illegal cock fighting and illegal gambling at Jose compound, Km. 8, Matina Pangi.
The bet money amounting to P2,360 , four fighting cocks, two pieces of one peso toss coins, one square used as toss stone with ring were confiscated from the said suspects.
Meanwhile, two women were nabbed for illegal gambling at Zone 5, Buhangin District, at 9:20 p.m. last Saturday. They were identified as Fedila Montenegro Sarga, 48, and Darlyn Sumambot Petin, 41, both residents of San Vicente, Buhangin Davao City.
“Last two” paraphernalia and the P480 bet money were recovered from the suspects.
Lumelyn Cayunda/JMC Intern
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach