Twenty-eight individuals were apprehended for drunk driving as part of the advocacy of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) for safe roads.
“These people were locked up pending their filing of bail bond amounting to P20,000,” Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum, city police director, said. “So driving under the Influence of liquor carries a heavy penalty.”
The unsafe driving campaign started on Feb. 6 this year. Since then, police already apprehended 865 violators of the RA 10054 (Helmet Law); and another 2,279 violators were arrested for RA 4136 (Traffic Laws).
He said that three of the 28 apprehensions involved four-wheeled vehicles while the rest are motorcycles.
Tagum said they arrested numerous violators in the downtown area, Tugbok, Tibungco, Toril, Buhangin, Paquibato, and Bunawan.
“I hope this will serve as a warning to the public not to force yourself to drive when you’re drunk,” Tagum reiterated.
He said more than 200 traffic personnel are deployed in the city to intensify the campaign against unsafe driving and riding. He also said that despite the stricter implementation of the campaign, drivers still continue to flout the law on drunk driving.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success