Twenty-eight individuals were apprehended for drunk driving as part of the advocacy of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) for safe roads.
“These people were locked up pending their filing of bail bond amounting to P20,000,” Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum, city police director, said. “So driving under the Influence of liquor carries a heavy penalty.”
The unsafe driving campaign started on Feb. 6 this year. Since then, police already apprehended 865 violators of the RA 10054 (Helmet Law); and another 2,279 violators were arrested for RA 4136 (Traffic Laws).
He said that three of the 28 apprehensions involved four-wheeled vehicles while the rest are motorcycles.
Tagum said they arrested numerous violators in the downtown area, Tugbok, Tibungco, Toril, Buhangin, Paquibato, and Bunawan.
“I hope this will serve as a warning to the public not to force yourself to drive when you’re drunk,” Tagum reiterated.
He said more than 200 traffic personnel are deployed in the city to intensify the campaign against unsafe driving and riding. He also said that despite the stricter implementation of the campaign, drivers still continue to flout the law on drunk driving.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market