A resident of Barangay Matina Pangi was arrested after illegal drugs worth P37,000 were seized from his possession in the Task Force Davao (TFD) checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 3:45 p.m. Saturday.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, TFD commander, identified the suspect as Russel Alabado Sequito, 38.
Operatives seized two sachets of suspected shabu, weighing 2.45 grams, with an estimated street value of P37,750.
Mempin said combined agents of TFD at Sirawan Detachment, led by PFC Cantoria, and the Toril Police precinct, led by PO1 Allen Jayson Mabano, were conducting checkpoint operations in Sitio Pajel when they apprehended Sequito.
Report said the suspect was onboard a city-bound passenger utility van, with plate # 121807 driven by Mark Oliver Calis, coming from Pikit, Cotabato.
Upon reaching the inspection area, an inspector asked Sequito to open his small shoulder bag.
Sequito was uneasy and initially reluctant to open the shoulder bag.
As the suspect opened the bag, the inspector found an aluminum foil with residue, a blue lighter, a needle, a plastic container and two sachets of suspected shabu.
The suspect is now under the custody of Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy