The regional office of the Department of Trade and Industry is calling on micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to use the shared service facility that it has set up at the University of Southeastern Philippines (USEP) – Obrero Campus to improve their productivity
“The concept of this is if a group of MSMEs cannot afford to buy the technology they need, the shared service Facility (SSF) can provide such,” said DTI XI Regional Director Maria Belenda Q. Ambi during the launching of the facility over the weekend.
Ambi said users of the facility can pilot test or create prototypes of their artistic ideas without spending too much.
Although the fees to use the laboratory have yet to be finalized, Ambi assured the rates would be cheap.
Aside from the MSMEs, the facility, also called the fablab which is first in Davao Region, is also intended to provide creative space to local designers, those into product creation and entrepreneurial students.
“The fablab is unique because it covers the whole region and it has to be hosted by an institution who can provide enough space and who can operate as well,” Ambi said.
The laboratory costs about P12 million as it has computer-controlled tools such as three-dimensional (3D) printers, laser cutter, computer numerical controlled cutter, 3D laser scanner, ultra violet printer, embroidery machine with software, heat press for fabric, tungsten inert gas welding set with grinder and other computer-related equipment with licensed software.
Ambi’s office has done trainings for the operators of the facilities including those coming form the agency and other agencies like the Department of Science and Technology, the school and some MSMEs to help them learn the technical operations of the facilities.
The operation of the laboratory will be monitored monthly by DTI XI to assess the impact of the project, how many prototypes were developed and how many MSMEs have availed the services.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market