An alleged thief was caught stealing one OPPO A37 smart phone in Spring Valley, Buhangin at around 4 a.m. on Feb. 13.
The suspect was identified as Jimmy Gimo, 29, a neighbor of the victim Jennifer M. Berongoy.
Police recovered the phone from his possession.
Meanwhile, about 10:20 a.m., PO1 John Paul Guilanan arrested suspect Michael Silvestre Castillo, 24, a resident of Purok 1, Petronas, Bunawan District.
Recovered from the suspect were the stolen goods worth P5,000 from the store of Rosemarie Roda Buya, a resident of the same place.
The suspect was pinpointed by the 10-year-old witness.
The suspect and recovered items were now under custody of Buhangin Police Station for proper disposition.
Both suspects are now under the custody of the Buhangin Police Precinct.
By Lumelyn Cayunda/JMC Intern
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course