SOLDIERS from the Eastern Mindanao Command and its subordinate units underwent a financial literacy lecture in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of EastMinCom, said the effort is in relation to the concern raised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte on the financial difficulty of some soldiers and policemen despite the effort of the government of increasing their salaries.
Balagtey said the financial literacy was one of the priorities in a directive of Maj. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr. when he assumed leadership of the EastMinCom.
“Let us teach our soldiers to be financially literate for them to learn how to prioritize and spend wisely. The increase that was given by the President is for their future. It also enhances our dignity if we use it wisely,” Santos said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month