SOLDIERS from the Eastern Mindanao Command and its subordinate units underwent a financial literacy lecture in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of EastMinCom, said the effort is in relation to the concern raised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte on the financial difficulty of some soldiers and policemen despite the effort of the government of increasing their salaries.
Balagtey said the financial literacy was one of the priorities in a directive of Maj. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr. when he assumed leadership of the EastMinCom.
“Let us teach our soldiers to be financially literate for them to learn how to prioritize and spend wisely. The increase that was given by the President is for their future. It also enhances our dignity if we use it wisely,” Santos said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy