SOLDIERS from the Eastern Mindanao Command and its subordinate units underwent a financial literacy lecture in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of EastMinCom, said the effort is in relation to the concern raised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte on the financial difficulty of some soldiers and policemen despite the effort of the government of increasing their salaries.
Balagtey said the financial literacy was one of the priorities in a directive of Maj. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr. when he assumed leadership of the EastMinCom.
“Let us teach our soldiers to be financially literate for them to learn how to prioritize and spend wisely. The increase that was given by the President is for their future. It also enhances our dignity if we use it wisely,” Santos said.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year