SOLDIERS from the Eastern Mindanao Command and its subordinate units underwent a financial literacy lecture in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of EastMinCom, said the effort is in relation to the concern raised by President Rodrigo R. Duterte on the financial difficulty of some soldiers and policemen despite the effort of the government of increasing their salaries.
Balagtey said the financial literacy was one of the priorities in a directive of Maj. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr. when he assumed leadership of the EastMinCom.
“Let us teach our soldiers to be financially literate for them to learn how to prioritize and spend wisely. The increase that was given by the President is for their future. It also enhances our dignity if we use it wisely,” Santos said.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online