The Educational Benefit System Unit (EBSU) Office of the city government will assist qualified individuals who are interested in a Chinese government scholarship application.
The said scholarship is offered by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Manila for the academic year 2019-2020.
The EBSU is tasked in the pre-screening and recommendation of eligible applicants.
Mayor Sara Duterte expressed her gratitude to the Chinese government for providing scholarships for Davaoeños.
“The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China is also providing scholarship grants to study in China which Davaoeños can access through EBSU. This parallel efforts reflect the interest of the Filipino youth in learning about China,” Duterte said.
“Davao City greatly values its relationship to the People’s Republic of China,” she added.
To qualify, applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and in good health condition.
It offers scholarship for undergraduate programs, master’s programs, and doctoral degree programs.
For undergraduate programs, any high school graduate under the age of 25 is qualified. While for the master’s program, a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35, and for the doctoral program, anyone with a master’s degree under the age of 40 is eligible.
For general scholar programs, anyone under the age of 45 who completed at least two years of undergraduate study is qualified.
While for senior scholar programs, a master’s degree holder or an associate professor or above who is under the age of 50 is qualified.
Application documents include an application form in Chinese or English; a notarized highest diploma and official proof of student status by their current school for potential diploma winners; academic transcripts; a study plan or research proposal in Chinese or English; recommendation letters; original works for music studies and fine arts applicants; valid document of their legal guardians in China for anyone under 18; and a photocopy of foreigner physical examination form for applicants planning to stay in China for more than six months.
Other possible documents include a pre-admission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship Universities and Language qualification certificate such as HSK certificate, IELTS or TOFEL report.
Additional information may be browsed at http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org
The deadline for applications is on March 8, 2019.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant