Mayor Sara Duterte signed an executive order on Feb. 4 reconstituting the membership of the Davao City Peace and Order Council (CPOC).
The EO amends EO No. 20 dated Aug. 26, 2009 and EO No. 15 series of 2016 that expands the membership of the CPOC.
As stated in the EO, in the exigency of public service and efficient government community collaboration, there is a need to reconstitute, reorganize, and reduce the membership in the CPOC.
This is to adhere the EO No. 773 for a more effective way to address the security concerns of the city.
As stated in the EO, the CPOC is chaired by the city mayor, and vice chaired by the vice mayor.
The members are composed of the Department of Interior and Local Government, Davao City Police Office, City Council Chair on Committee on Peace and Public Safety, City Administrator’s Office, Public Safety and Security Command Center, City Prosecutor’s Office, City Agriculturist Office, City Engineer’s Office, City Health Office, City Legal Office, City Social Services Development Office, Davao City Investment Promotion Center, City Transport and Traffic Management Office, City Schools Division Superintendent, Department of Education, City Environment and Natural Resources Office, City Information Office, City Anti-Drug Abuse Council, Joint Task Force Haribon, 1003rd Infantry Brigade, Task Force Davao, and two private sectors appointed by the chair.
The members of the council shall “improve and enhance peace and order and public safety in the city.”
“It shall likewise perform such duties and functions as mandated by law or by applicable issuances made by the authorities,” it said.
The CPOC secretariat is the DILG Davao City Office which is tasked to handle the administrative and technical activities of the council. The agency is also tasked to prepare plans, programs, and activities of the said council.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market