Two more members of the New People’s Army surrendered to the Balik Loob Assistance Center (BLAC) of the 1001st Infantry Brigade on Monday in Maco, Compostela Valley.
Capt. Edson Abello, civil-military operations officer, identified them as alias Jokjok, 19, and alias Jords, 30, residents of Maco and members of the Guerrilla Front 2, Sub Regional Committee 2 of the Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
They also brought with them an M16 rifle and a caliber .45 pistol.
According to the former rebels, they were recruited by alias Alex, political instructor, and alias Mcdel/Rashid, commanding officer, both under GF2, in March 2018 with the promise that it will improve their lives.
Shown in the records of the brigade, there were already 6,651 rebel returnees, both regular NPA members and supporters, since January 2019.
Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret, commander of 1001st Infantry Brigade, said the continuing incidents of surrenders manifest the true sentiments of the rebels.
“Similarly, this exhibits their trust and confidence on the government’s sincere and genuine reform program,” the Brigade Commander said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy