Davao City – Close to 150 entries from all over the region are expected to show their wares in the first Karate Pilipinas Sports Fedearation Incorporated Region XI Championships this February 17 at the Gaisano Grand City Gate in Buhangin.
These entries which will come from the different clubs all over the region will compete in the boys and girls kata and kumite events as based on age groups and weight categories.
“This will be a preparation for the coming national championships set this May,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated Region XI director Rommel Tan.
Boys and girls ages six to 13 years-old will see action in the Kata events to be categorized in the Novice, Advance, Intermediate, Advance Kata Cadets and the Intermediate Kata for Juniors.
For the Individual Kumite, these entries will see action in the age group and the separate weight categories ranging from -52kgs to +70kgs for male and -47 to +57 kgs for female. There will also be the Juniors (16 to 17 years-old) and Seniors (18 years-old and above) divisions.
“Winners in this tournament will then earn a slot to the National Team B,” said Tan who added that Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated President and Chairman Richard Lim will grace the tournament along with referees Bernard Alvarina, Ricky Eliminate, Jeff Lagasca and Antonio Rodriguez.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories