Davao City – Close to 150 entries from all over the region are expected to show their wares in the first Karate Pilipinas Sports Fedearation Incorporated Region XI Championships this February 17 at the Gaisano Grand City Gate in Buhangin.
These entries which will come from the different clubs all over the region will compete in the boys and girls kata and kumite events as based on age groups and weight categories.
“This will be a preparation for the coming national championships set this May,” said Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated Region XI director Rommel Tan.
Boys and girls ages six to 13 years-old will see action in the Kata events to be categorized in the Novice, Advance, Intermediate, Advance Kata Cadets and the Intermediate Kata for Juniors.
For the Individual Kumite, these entries will see action in the age group and the separate weight categories ranging from -52kgs to +70kgs for male and -47 to +57 kgs for female. There will also be the Juniors (16 to 17 years-old) and Seniors (18 years-old and above) divisions.
“Winners in this tournament will then earn a slot to the National Team B,” said Tan who added that Karate Pilipinas Sports Federation Incorporated President and Chairman Richard Lim will grace the tournament along with referees Bernard Alvarina, Ricky Eliminate, Jeff Lagasca and Antonio Rodriguez.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission