Mayor Sara Duterte has warned political leaders in the region against the operation of Kapa.
Duterte has informed members of the region-wide Hugpong ng Pagbabago to deter their constituents from investing in the scheme.
Earlier, the mayor assailed the group for allegedly using her name in luring investors.
She denied having any connection with the company.
Meanwhile, the city police have yet to receive any complaint against the Kapa operation.
But Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum, director of the Davao City Police Office, said they have monitored that the operation is “slowly” entering the city.
Tagum sustained the warning earlier issued by the City Mayor’s Office against the suspicious company.
The City police director explained that Kapa is still starting so probably no is complaining yet.
Like any other pyramiding scheme, complaints will only start to show up during the fourth tier.
“We know that the first, second and third tiers (of investors) will really have income,” he said.
In pyramid scheme, Tagum said, first and second tiers are the one who got the return of investment, and usually the one who would spread the “good” news and tempted others to invest.
“But pity those in the fourth to the sixth groups,” Tagum said, for they would be the victims.
The DCPO director told reporters that the illegal operation started in General Santos City.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market