Amid the viral photos of tarpaulins hanging on overpass bridges imprinted with the words, “Drink, drive, and meet and accident – No Lingap,” Mayor Sara Duterte reiterated the warning to stubborn motorists.
“This is an information dissemination by our City Information Office (CIO). Despite that we already issued a memorandum relative to the disapproval of ‘Lingap,’ such as those who are involved in crimes and drunk driving, they are still those who are still unaware of the policy,” Duterte told reporters during yesterday’s flag-raising ceremony at the City Hall grounds.
The mayor noted that she constantly received messages pleading for reconsideration for Lingap assistance.
“I regularly get text messages for reconsideration because they are denied for the Lingap assistance so there are barangay captains and kagawads who ask for reconsideration,” Durterte said.
But, the mayor is firm that “when you drink and drive and you meet an accident, you cannot apply for Lingap assistance,” she said.
Apart from the drunk driving, the mayor also mentioned other grounds for Lingap disqualification.
“(I asked) the CIO to spread the word that when you are not wearing helmet and you meet an accident, you cannot apply for Lingap assistance,” she said.
The mayor also said that she refuses the request from barangay officials to bend the rules and reconsider their constituents.
“I always tell them that it is under the policy. Also, if we assist preventable accidents victims, this will remove assistance to terminal patients,” she said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1