Two high-value targets were jailed for alleged selling and possession of illegal drugs at 4:10 p.m. in Mati City, Davao Oriental on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the authorities were able to seized shabu worth P1 million.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, the regional director, identified the suspects as Joven Malintad Evaristo alias Owen, Rodel Juanir Pedraya, and Genis Bakiao Evaristo (at large).
According to the police report, joint elements of Mati City Police Station, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office-Provincial Intelligence Branch, and Investigation and Detection Management Section conducted the buy-bust in Purok Centro, Barangay Tamisan, Mati City, Davao Oriental.
Morales said seized were 150 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated value of P1,020,000.
The P500 marked money and drug paraphernalia were also confiscated from the suspects.
Morales lauded the operating teams for the accomplishment.
“This accomplishment demonstrates the aggressive, serious and equal implementation of our campaign against illegal drugs and most wanted persons,” he said.
“We would like to emphasize that our campaign against illegal drugs will not choose who should be arrested, whoever they are, whether big-time or small-time, they are all held responsible for their actions according to the law,” Morales added.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed