Probers could not yet pinpoint the cause of the massive fire that killed three children and razed down 25 houses in an urban poor area in Mati City, Davao Oriental on late Friday night.
Supt. Marcial Mahistrado, the director of Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office (DOPPO), identified the fatalities as siblings Amily Pearl Halipa, 10; Alicia Denise, 8; and Krish Heris, 3.
Initial investigation showed that the fire started around 11:30 p.m. at the house of a certain Epifanio Culaba Jr. It spread out to other houses in the community of informal settlers in Del Pilar Street, Sto. Niño, Barangay Central, Mati.
The children were found lifeless at a creek.
The victims were able to go out from their house but they were trapped as the fire spread fast to the neighboring houses, Mahistrado said.
Around 4 a.m. Saturday, the city fire department declared a fire out.
He said 28 families were affected in the fire.
Twelve families are placed at the barangay covered court for their temporary shelter.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market