A 23-YEAR-OLD bus passenger was arrested by the authorities after marijuana was found in his possession while passing through a checkpoint in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District, on Saturday afternoon.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the Task Force Davao (TFD) commander, identified the suspect as Marione Jone Tumugdan, a resident of Abbas Street, Poblacion, Malita, Davao Del Sur.
Mempin said joint team from the TFD-Sirawan Detachment and Toril Police Precinct was conducting a checkpoint operation when they apprehended Tumugdan around 4:20 p.m. on Saturday.
He said agents seized suspected dried marijuana leave, placed in a small cellophane, weighing 1.28 grams with estimated street value of P300, from the suspect’s possession.
The suspect was boarding a Metro Shuttle Bus, with plate #NCZ1932, coming from Kidapawan City in Cotabato going to the city terminal in Barangay 76-A.
For now, the suspect is detained at the detention facility of Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market