A 23-YEAR-OLD bus passenger was arrested by the authorities after marijuana was found in his possession while passing through a checkpoint in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District, on Saturday afternoon.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the Task Force Davao (TFD) commander, identified the suspect as Marione Jone Tumugdan, a resident of Abbas Street, Poblacion, Malita, Davao Del Sur.
Mempin said joint team from the TFD-Sirawan Detachment and Toril Police Precinct was conducting a checkpoint operation when they apprehended Tumugdan around 4:20 p.m. on Saturday.
He said agents seized suspected dried marijuana leave, placed in a small cellophane, weighing 1.28 grams with estimated street value of P300, from the suspect’s possession.
The suspect was boarding a Metro Shuttle Bus, with plate #NCZ1932, coming from Kidapawan City in Cotabato going to the city terminal in Barangay 76-A.
For now, the suspect is detained at the detention facility of Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized