A 23-YEAR-OLD bus passenger was arrested by the authorities after marijuana was found in his possession while passing through a checkpoint in Sitio Pajel, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District, on Saturday afternoon.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the Task Force Davao (TFD) commander, identified the suspect as Marione Jone Tumugdan, a resident of Abbas Street, Poblacion, Malita, Davao Del Sur.
Mempin said joint team from the TFD-Sirawan Detachment and Toril Police Precinct was conducting a checkpoint operation when they apprehended Tumugdan around 4:20 p.m. on Saturday.
He said agents seized suspected dried marijuana leave, placed in a small cellophane, weighing 1.28 grams with estimated street value of P300, from the suspect’s possession.
The suspect was boarding a Metro Shuttle Bus, with plate #NCZ1932, coming from Kidapawan City in Cotabato going to the city terminal in Barangay 76-A.
For now, the suspect is detained at the detention facility of Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Concepcion, Austriaco ask IATF to begin pandemic exit plan for Ph
- ROUGH CUTS | The Garcia dominance’s acid test
- Only 150,000 received booster shots | mayor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Group welcomes House approval to place of DavNor, Maco under DLPC
- 2 nabbed for marijuana
- House gives final nod on bill allowing DLPC to serve DN
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 26, 2022
- Converge leads Netflix’ ISP Speed Index in December 2021
- Concepcion, experts urge return to pre-omicron protocols