• Motorcycle cop injured while chasing erring rider
A police officer who chased an escaping erring motorcycle rider was injured when he collided with another vehicle in Bo. Obrero, Poblacion District at 11:25 p.m. Friday.
Supt. Nolan Raquid, the newly designated Traffic Group commander under the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified his injured personnel as PO1 Lendy Lapeceros, 28.
Lapeceros sustained a broken left leg after he collided with a vehicle while chasing a motorcycle rider who did not wear a helmet.
Lapeceros is now confined at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) and will undergo an operation.
Raquid said Lapeceros and his team were implementing the order of DCPO director Alexander Tagum to apprehend motorcycle riders who do not wear a helmet and those who are driving under the influence of liquor and illegal drug.
In Bo. Obrero, the motorcycle police team spotted a motorcycle rider who did not wear a helmet.
Immediately, they flagged down the rider.
However, the rider ignored them, resulting to a chase.
In Sobrecarey Street, Lapeceros was hit by a Toyota Hilux.
The rider was able to escape while the driver of the Toyota Hilux, name was not released, voluntarily gave up.
Police did not say if they got the plate number of the motorcycle used by the escaping rider, but they said they are conducting a manhunt operation.
The crackdown of erring helmet-less motorcycle riders and drunk drivers was ordered by Mayor Sara Duterte following the death of a couple and their baby who all did not wear helmet in a road crash in Calinan District.
Since then, Raquid said they have arrested 15 individuals who were driving under the influence of liquor and are now facing cases criminal charges.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success