Sixteen Spanish Singing Idol contestants competed during the National Festival of Talents held on January 30, 2019 held in Dagupan, Pangasinan. This was the first time that Davao City Special National High School sent a representative to a national competition.
In spite of a bad cold, Airah Micah Sabdani Jumala, Grade 10 or Junior High School, 14 years old daughter of Dang and Emile Jumala of Radyo Pilipinas in Davao City represented Davao Region and won second place, singing the Spanish version of Beyonce’s “Listen”.
Contestants also did Mandarin, Nihongo and French interpretations of songs aside from Spanish.
Airah’s coach was Hyacinth C. Belches, SST II was present at the Awarding Ceremony where Airah received a medal and a certificate. Spanish Adviser/Teacher is Joy Ardepolla.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed