Sixteen Spanish Singing Idol contestants competed during the National Festival of Talents held on January 30, 2019 held in Dagupan, Pangasinan. This was the first time that Davao City Special National High School sent a representative to a national competition.
In spite of a bad cold, Airah Micah Sabdani Jumala, Grade 10 or Junior High School, 14 years old daughter of Dang and Emile Jumala of Radyo Pilipinas in Davao City represented Davao Region and won second place, singing the Spanish version of Beyonce’s “Listen”.
Contestants also did Mandarin, Nihongo and French interpretations of songs aside from Spanish.
Airah’s coach was Hyacinth C. Belches, SST II was present at the Awarding Ceremony where Airah received a medal and a certificate. Spanish Adviser/Teacher is Joy Ardepolla.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized